It’s Women’s History Month! As fierce advocates for women’s golf and supporters of all things that empower women and girls to reach high, demand equality and fulfill their dreams, we’d like to highlight five outstanding initiatives and campaigns we’ve seen that celebrate this month (just in case you missed them).
1. Fashion designer Tory Burch (who sponsors American golfer Anna Rawson) launched an amazing global PSA on International Women’s Day through her Tory Burch Foundation that encourages women to #EmbraceAmbition, a great message especially for women entrepreneurs, school-age girls—and young golfers in training.
2. State Street Global Advisors erected an eye-catching new “Fearless Girl” statue on Wall Street the night before International Women’s Day, and she has caused quite a fabulous scene.
3. Firefighter and author Caroline Paul’s Ted Talk on “How to Raise Gutsy Girls” took on a new life this month.
4. Getty Images is teaming up with Canon and the Women’s Sport Trust to launch sports photography internship for women. According to MarketingWeek.com, “The 12-month internship aims to give emerging female talent the skills to start a career in the sports imagery industry, support diversity in the sports industry and contribute to a more positive and varied portrayal in the media of inspirational sportswomen. It will be a paid position in Getty Images’ London office and will run for one year from July 2017. During this time the photographer will learn all aspects of the sports photography business by shadowing the picture desk, assignments team and field editors as well as honing her photography skills at live, high-profile sporting events, while also learning about all aspects of business operations required to succeed within the sport-photography industry.”
5. The UK #ThisGirlGolfs campaign (our own personal favorite) is entering its third season and still boasts the most inspiring women’s golf PSA of all.